To attend this retreat you will need to have been regularly meditating for at least two years and regularly attend retreats, a centre or a group within the context of the Triratna Buddhist Community. You must also be comfortable with extended periods of sitting meditation and Buddhist devotional practice.
This is a fundraising online retreat and costs £80 to book, plus a recommended donation of £60-90 (this can be paid at the booking checkout).
1. That the automated booking confirmation that you will receive will contain information that relates to a residential retreat, so please ignore that. It would cost money that we don't currently have to change our systems to reflect the circumstances of these special online events.
2. You will receive a joining email from us close to the start of each event (ideally the day before), with a Zoom link that will work for the whole of that particular retreat online event.
3. Zoom is a simple online communications platform that is very easy to use. If you have not used it before, we suggest that you download this programme and install for free before your retreat is due to take place. You can find the programme at this link: https://zoom.us/download. If you have any questions about using Zoom, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
In this meditation week, Vessantara’s teaching will evoke and explore images that have been used for centuries in the Buddhist tradition to deepen both the absorption and wisdom aspects of meditation practice, dispelling the shadows of suffering and unveiling the sun of love and serenity. If we look into the sky, we find it has no centre. Similarly, when we look deeply into our mind we find only boundless awareness, love and freedom. Let’s see what we can discover together…
The programme will include teaching, guided meditations and some devotional practice, as well as small group discussions and opportunities to ask questions.
There will be 3 sessions a day:
1) 10.00am UK/ 11.00am Central Europe/ 2.30pm India/ 7.00pm Sydney/ 9.00pm Auckland/ 2.00am San Francisco / 4.00am Mexico City / 5.00am New York (two hours)
2) 4.00pm UK/ 5.00pm Central Europe/ 8.30pm India/ 1.00am Sydney/ 3.00 am Auckland/ 8.00am San Francisco/ 10.00am Mexico City/ 11.00am New York (an hour + 30 minutes of small groups)
3) 7.30pm UK/ 8.30pm Central Europe/ 12.00am India/ 4.30am Sydney/ 6.30am Auckland/ 11.30am San Francisco/ 1.30pm Mexico City/ 2.30pm New York (90 minutes)
The first day will start with Session 1 and the last day will end with Session 3.
*Please note that these timings may be subject to change.
Prices for this event are: £80