We want everyone to be safe and to enjoy their time here, so please bear in mind that you will be part of the supporting conditions for the other retreatants (as they will be for you in return).
Although there have been a relaxing of Covid safety requirements, there is still some advice from the government that we feel helps to keep everyone confident of their safety and wellbeing while here at Rivendell.
Please do not travel to Rivendell for your retreat if you are feeling unwell, or suspect that you have been in contact with someone who has Covid-19.
- We are asking all of you who are coming on this retreat (including the retreat team) to take a Lateral Flow Covid Test before the retreat starts (within two days) and to let the Centre team know the result as soon as possible to Rivendell using this email address: email@example.com.
- You can pick up Lateral Flow Covid Test free of charge from most pharmacies or by ordering online at: https://test-for-coronavirus.service.gov.uk/order-lateral-flow-kits/login-choice . These are normally delivered by post within 48 hours. If there are any reasons why you can't comply with this requirement please do get in contact with us as soon as possible.
- Also please can you send the Centre team an emergency contact name & number. This is in case of the unlikely event of you falling ill or having an accident and unable to get yourself home. We are asking for a contact who can come and help you return home if necessary, or be notified that you have been taken to hospital.
If you feel unwell please do not travel to Rivendell (regardless of the Lateral Flow Covid Test result)
Here is the current ranking of COVID symptoms after 2 vaccinations according to the ZOE COVID Study:
Please wait for us to greet you in the car park (if it's raining please wait in your car or use one of the umbrellas we'll make available for you). One of the team will take your temperature and give you some hand-sanitiser to use before coming into the building. Please wear a mask when you enter the retreat centre - and continue to do so whenever you move around indoors.
During the retreat
As you will be aware, the Covid guidelines have changed. Nevertheless, in order to help other people feel more secure, we will ask you to still wear a mask when moving around the retreat centre, and only take them off once you have arrived at your destination i.e. dining room, shrine room, lounge or your bedroom.
Useful things to bring
· A water bottle for use throughout the retreat
· A flask
· Warm clothes (as windows and doors will be open for ventilation)
· Outside clothing (inc. waterproofs and boots/wellies)
Thank you for your understanding of the need for these requirements to allow us to open.
Please be assured that should someone repeatedly ignore our Covid-Secure guidelines, we reserve the right to ask them to leave the retreat, with no refund, as potentially they will be putting others’ health at risk.
Please note that these protocols may be subject to change at any point, so please do check our website regularly.